Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 24: Mommy Tales

Baby Ren is almost a month old. When I went for an ultrasound, I was given an advise by a mother that some of the things you buy for your first baby generally are too much and unused. Because of said advise, I felt that I needed to take my time and read a lot of things on baby products before using them. Below are the products we bought for baby that we're happy with:

Ashworthy playpen
We bought this in Landmark. It has a bassinet and a diaper changer on it that we can use on the first month. It's a shame that the design does not let us use the diaper changer when we use the next layer, which is to be used from the second to third month. It also has a mobile, nightlight, music and vibrator. My mother swears on the music and vibrator combination in getting Ren to sleep. It can get a bit too hot for him even at night so we put the electric fan on high and direct it to him.

Safety 1st carrier
We got him a stroller a month or so before he was born but since it's a bit too bulky and he's so little, we opted to use a carrier for the moment. He's such a sweet baby that he generally sleeps through our trips in it.

Next9 cloth diapers
This is a very good buy at a thousand for a set of 3. We got 2 sets but I wish we have 10 more. I have an order of another 2 sets on the way. We had a bit of problem with absorbency and had a really bad case of diaper rash as someone used harsh detergents but we stripped it and it works really good once again. By good, I mean it sucks all the wetness away from baby's skin.

Cycles
We used this the first week baby was home and had no problems. We ran out the week after and baby has rashes. Baby's skin is so delicate that using mild detergent is a must.

By Nature Baby Oilotion, Baby Salve, White Salve and Olive Beauty soap
These products are organic. I like using the oilotion before and after baths. It keeps Ren calm. The ingredient list isn't very long and are known for being very moisturizing. The salves I use for boo-boos. They generally work except for enflamed and engorged ones from the diaper rash. I don't use them for his face but I want to. The soap I've only just started using. It's got a lot of moisturizing ingredients and is non-perfumed as well. I checked the website and it was the only soap recommended for newborns.

Ilog Maria Propolis Ointment
I've found that this ointment works well on diaper rash wounds after they pop. It's magical in how the scars actually don't develop whenever we use this.

Belotte Diaper Bag
I love this. We found it in Landmark and it's a backpack. There are loads of compartments inside and a lot of extras too. There is a big thick plastic bag with a cloth handle, a thermal bag and a diaper changing pad. The design is too cute as well. A very good buy.

Yes, I know, I didn't bother adding the clothes but that's a general thing, really. Why bother? And as for the other stuff like cotton, nail clippers and stuff, it's boring. I wouldn't bother waxing poetic about them, really.

Of course I have a wish list. These are stuff I hope to buy one day. As mentioned, I'm not allowed out yet. So I just wish for these products until I get my chance at them.

By Nature Disinfect It! Spray, Moisturizing Insect Repellent and Sunblock Away
I'm loving the line. I like the thought of using a disinfectant that isn't alcohol-based. As for the insect repellant and sunblock, I know I can't use it on baby right now but I'm guessing they're a great buy once they're ok. Organic, organic, organic.

Digital still camera
I want a Sony or a Cannon and I'm ok with it even if the megapixels are not the biggest as long as the pictures are clear even in low light and shaky situations. My hubby wants one with HD-movie capability, even if it's a GE. It's a toss-off. We can't agree. Baby is so cute that it begs to be captured but we've agreed to disagree and that unfortunately leaves us with no camera as of yet. Boo freaking hoo!

Next9 cloth diapers
8 more sets!

Kissaluvs organic Fitted Diaper and Thirsties Diaper Cover
I want to try this cloth diaper combo once baby is bigger and poos and pees more. Supposedly, very absorbent and leak-proof.

Bummis Reusable Fleece Liners
Kissa's Wool Lover Diaper Cover
Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap
Thirsties Hemp Inserts
These are extras for the cloth-diaper experience. Why not?

Philips Avent Breast Pump
I'm going back to work after a while and I want to feed baby breastmilk exclusively. I know Medela is recommended but the Philips Avent has good reviews as well and it's cuter. Yes, the cuteness won me over. Shallowness!

No comments:

Post a Comment