Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 113: Mommy Tales

When I went into being a mom, I was very confident in my husband's ability to support me, not just financially, but emotionally, and blissfully went on my way, being bitchy when I felt like it. I guess I kind of forgot that he's a man and he will never ever understand just how hard it is to be a mother to a little baby boy.
It frustrated me quite a lot when he started going out with his friends more often than I thought he ever would. Add the fact that he started drinking and came home smelling like a seedy bar just felt wrong for me.
I tried to keep my patience but somehow, I lost control and bitched. I bitched and bitched and bitched and then I gave up.
There's a lot of faults one can attribute to the other person for any failures one experiences in a relationship. I, for one, can list a lot, a whole lot. I forgot my own faults though.
I forgot, in love, that it might be a chance to find someone, but it's a choice to stay. And love is a flower that has to be watered. I forgot and though he tried to hold on, he slipped.
I resolve not to forget to kiss him. I resolve not to forget to hug him. I resolve to try to cook for him. I resolve to smile at him. I resolve to listen to him. I resolve to laugh with him. I resolve to look at him. I resolve to take care of him.
It's a relationship. Yes, we have a child but the relationship with him is husband and wife, not father-of-my-child to mother-of-my-child. It's give and take.
I'll still push him. I'll still bitch at him. I'll still be selfish. I'll still be me. But I will love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment